Biba is a member of the Sustainable salons network which means:
- We recycle our paper, plastics, metals and chemicals.
- We repurpose all the hair that is cut in salon to create 'hair booms' which are a crucial tool in absorbing oil spills in the ocean and on land.
- All proceeds Sustainable salons receives for their recycling initiative goes towards providing meals through KiwiHarvest.
- Ponytails can be donated to help create wigs for those that suffer medically induced hair loss.
Team Biba are passionate about sustainability and we:
- Bokashi all our food scraps
- Use reusable containers for food and drinks
- Grow our own veggies and herbs
- Participate in local environment projects and beach clean ups
- Reduce, reuse and recycle